Americans are burger lovers and what’s better than to slap a few patties on the grill for a simple, but satisfying meal. The classic burger is usually made with a beef patty, a slice of American cheese, lettuce, tomato and mayo or ketchup, but why not change it up a little and add pickled jalapenos and bleu cheese to your burger? The combination of mildly hot peppers and tangy cheese tells such a different story in your mouth.
If you are truly going for flavor, add a smear of Dijon mustard, a summer fresh tomato and a piece of Romaine lettuce to your burger and you just might be saying, “This is the best thing I have eaten in a while.” Serve the burgers on toasty buns with your favorite beverage and end this summer on a great note.
1 pound grass fed ground beef
4 ounces bleu cheese
1 jar pickled jalapenos, homemade or store bought
(Makes 4 Burgers)
1. Preheat your grill to medium high heat or start your charcoals. Form the ground beef into 4 patties. Drizzle each patty with olive oil and sprinkle them with salt and pepper.
2. Pull out the pickled jalapenos and bleu cheese from the packaging and set aside.
3. Then, place your burgers on your grill and cook for 4 minutes on the first side. Flip your burgers over and crumble some bleu cheese.
4. Place 4 or 5 jalapenos on each patty followed by a few bleu cheese crumbles.
5. Cook the burger for 2 minutes more, just until the cheese is melted.
6. Remove the burgers from the grill and give your buns a quick toast….hah! Give each bun a smear of Dijon and top with a burger. Top each burger with a fresh slice of tomato and a piece of lettuce…simply delicious! Enjoy!
[…] Pickled Jalapeno Burger – Recipe! Some Like it Hot!! […]