I love to make simple side dishes that have lots of flavor. This Saffron Quinoa is just that — a little quinoa with a lot of taste. All you need for this recipe is quinoa, saffron and vegetable broth to have the perfect side dish to pair with chicken, seafood or grilled veggies.
Quinoa comes in 120 different varieties, but I prefer to use the white quinoa when I am eating it with a flavorful protein like my Moroccan Chicken. Feel free to experiment with the quinoa variety of your choice, you may have a different favorite.
2/3 cup white quinoa, rinsed
1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
1/2 teaspoon of saffron threads, specialty stores like Trader Joe’s
1. In a small saucepan, heat the vegetable broth over medium high heat.
2. Next, add the saffron threads to the broth and let simmer for just 1 minute.
3. Add the quinoa to the broth and simmer on low for 15-20 minutes.
4. Cover with the saucepan with lid slightly cracked.
5. When done, fluff the quinoa with a fork and serve with your favorite protein or grilled vegetable.
[…] added staple ingredients, your dinner will come to life. I like to serve Moroccan Chicken with Saffron Quinoa which is another simple recipe of […]