I got finished my first Facebook Live video with my long time friend Jenny Taylor from She Does Grace. Today, we discussed how to create easy weeknight meals and what should be in your pantry to make cooking much easier. I hope you enjoy the video and if you have any questions please email me or write a comment here on my blog. Thanks again Jenny!
Instant Pot Barley Mushroom Risotto Recipe!
1 onion, diced
1 clove garlic, minced
3 cups mushrooms – crimini, shiitaki, button etc.
1 1/2 cup pearled barley
1 quart chicken stock or broth
1 tablespoon butter
1/3 cup parmesan cheese
olive oil for cooking
1. Press Saute on your Instant Pot and add 2 teaspoons of olive oil. Add the diced onion and garlic, saute for 3 minutes.
2. Add the mushrooms and continue to saute for 5 minutes.
3. Pour in the barley and stock and stir to combine. Hit Cancel on the Instant Pot. Lock the lid down and press Manuel, adjust time to 20 minutes. Make sure nozzle is in Steaming position.
4. After cooking is done, either wait 10 minutes, so the Instant Pot depressurizes or using a towel, position nozzle in Venting position. Remove lid when steam is gone, and add butter along with all, but 2 tablespoons of parmesan cheese.
5. Ladle into bowls and top with another sprinkling of cheese. Enjoy!