Eggnog is a egg based, nutmeg & rum spiced drink, which is a tradition during Christmastime. Eggnog is great to sip on in front of an open fire, but it is lovely when used in baked goods such as: cakes, cookies and cream pies. I have a Eggnog Cheesecake Recipe on my blog that is out of this world and I hope you will give it a try this holiday season and now — Gluten- Free Eggnog Pound Cake.
I chose to make this recipe gluten-free because I get a lot of requests for more gluten-free baked goods, especially during the holiday season. The trick to making a good gluten free cake is using a quality gluten free flour like King Arthur or Cup 4 Cup, which are both sold at local grocery stores. The other item that is a must in gluten free baking is xanthan gum. Xanthan gum is a stabilizer that helps bind the gluten-free batter, so it holds together and creates a delicious texture. The rest of the recipe is fairly straight forward and it simple to put together in a matter of minutes.
You’ll love this Eggnog Pound Cake Recipe, whether you are gluten intolerant or not. It is the perfect slice of cake with a cup of your favorite hot or cold beverage. Happy Holidays!
1 2/3 cup gluten-free flour
1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 large eggs
1 cup sugar
2/3 cup eggnog
2 tablespoons white rum
1 stick melted butter
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 tablespoon eggnog
(Makes 1 Loaf Cake)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray or brush a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan with oil. In a mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, xanthan gum and salt. Set aside.
2. In a stand mixer, add the sugar and eggs, mix on low speed for 2 minutes. Then, add the eggnog and rum, mix on medium speed for 1 minute. Pour in the dry ingredients and mix on low for another minute.
3. While the mixer is running, pour in the melted butter and continue to mix for another 2 minutes.
4. Pour the batter in the prepared pan and bake for 20 minutes, then drop the temperature to 325 degrees and bake for another 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick comes clean. Remove from the oven and let cool in the pan for 20 minutes. Loosen the perimeter of the cake with a table knife and place the cake on a wire rack with a sheet pan underneath. Let cool for another 30 minutes.
5. Sift the powdered sugar and add the eggnog. Whisk the glaze until smooth. Pour over the top of pound cake and let set for 30 minutes. Store in the refrigerator, until ready to serve or slice immediately. Enjoy!