Smoothies are a great way to get your vitamins in one quick drink and in the summer months when fresh fruit is readily available, they become even more delicious. I love a light smoothie without a lot of ingredients and this recipe for Vanilla Melon Smoothie fits the bill. I add chunks of fresh melon, a little vanilla protein powder, vanilla extract and a splash of coconut milk to give this smoothie a melon creamsicle flavor.
Smoothies are an easy start to a great day and if later, you are looking for a fun cocktail idea, omit the protein powder and add vanilla Greek yogurt and a splash of vodka for a fun melontini – Cheers!
1 scoop vanilla protein powder or 1 cup Green vanilla yogurt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons coconut milk + more for garnish
1. Dice up the fresh cantaloupe into large chunks.
2. To a blender, add the cantaloupe, protein powder or yogurt, coconut milk and vanilla extract.
3. Next, add 2 cups of ice and 1/3 cup of water.
4. Puree on high until smooth and creamy.
5. Pour the smoothie into your favorite glass and drizzle another teaspoon of coconut milk over the top. Enjoy!