I am not one to juice for days or starve myself for the sake of losing a few pounds, but I am into eating a balanced diet containing whole foods on most days. We all could use a little more fruit and veggies in our lives and this recipe – My Little Green Smoothie, will do just that.
You definitely need a good blender and I love my Vitamix for pureeing just about anything, even seeds. With a little fruit and a handful of spinach and just a touch of coconut milk – a healthier day is on its way!
1 tangerine, peeled or small orange
2 tablespoons canned coconut milk, chilled and scooped off the top
1 cup spinach leaves
2 dates, seeded
1. Add all the ingredients to your blender.
2. Next, pour in 1/2 cup of water and puree until smooth.
3. Fill your favorite glass with ice, I prefer a wine glass to make it extra special.
4. Pour the green smoothie on top of the ice.
5. Serve with a fancy straw or umbrella, Enjoy!