Snap, crackle, pop commercials were part of my upbringing, and I can’t tell you how many rice krispie treats I’ve made over the years, and I still enjoy them immensely. Raspberry Rice Krispie Treats are my newest recipe that’s super colorful with a raspberry kick that will bring an immediate smile to your face.
Freeze dried raspberries are the key to this recipe. You can find them online or at several grocery stores these days. The packet usually come in 1.2 ounce sizes or you can scoop out that amount from a larger sack. These frizzled berries pack a punch of fruity flavor and create a tangy taste, when mixed in a traditional rice krispie treat recipe. I crushed them in the bag with my fingers before I added them into the warm marshmallow crispy rice. I saved a third of the bag to sprinkle on top before I let them cool to room temperature. I think these pink beauties would be a fun treat on Valentine’s Day or any day like today.
5 tablespoons butter (I used salted)
1 bag jumbo marshmallows, about 24 ounces
4 1/2 cups rice krispies
1.2 ounces freeze dried raspberries
(Makes 24 Squares)
- Spray a 9 x 9 inch pan with cooking spray or brush with oil, set aside.
- In a large saucepan, add butter and place over medium heat. Let butter melt until foamy (it’s okay to let the edges brown slightly).
- Add marshmallows and stir to combine. Continue to stir, while marshmallows melt slowly, about 10 minutes.
- Add rice krispies and stir. Crush raspberries in bag slightly with fingertips, leaving a few whole. Pour 2/3 of bag into warm rice krispie mixture, stir.
- Spoon mixture into prepared pan and press into corners with spatula. Using hands, quickly press until an even surface. Pour remaining raspberries over top and press into treats. Let cool completely before slicing. Enjoy!