Yes, you read that right, Mini Baked Pumpkin Cider Donuts are what I’m baking today. Pumpkin season is here and I’m going for full pumpkin fun with these mini donuts — buttery soft and sweet — so delightful to enjoy with a cup of coffee in the morning.
Donuts are not something I create very often, but when they’re baked — I can embrace these delicious treats. Baking donuts is as easy as making muffins. In fact, the donut dough is quite similar – however, you may need to invest in a donut pan. Canned pumpkin is the ingredient that flavors these donuts, along with pumpkin pie spice and a few other pantry items. The quick combination makes these morning treats easy to prepare in a matter of minutes.
Donuts will make everyone in your household smile after they roll out of bed — even the adults. I like to dunk mine in black coffee, but they’re pretty tasty with tea mid-afternoon as well. They also pack up to give as gifts to friends and family.
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup granualted sugar
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup canned pumpkin
1/2 cup apple cider
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
(Makes 2 Dozen Mini Donuts)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a large bowl whisk together, flour, baking powder, 1 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice and salt.
- In a stand mixer or large bowl, cream together butter and 1/2 cup sugar for 4 minutes. Add eggs and continue to beat on high for 2 minutes.
- Add vanilla and canned pumpkin and mix for 2 minutes. Add dry ingredients on low speed, alternating with apple cider until incorporated.
- Place dough in a large gallon sized zip loc or piping bag and cut off tip. Pipe into donut pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake in oven for 10-12 minutes, or until gently firm. Remove from oven and let rest for 5 minutes before inverting. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Place melted butter in one bowl and mix together sugar and pumpkin pie spice in another. Dunk warm donuts in butter and dunk in sugar mixture. Place on rack and repeat until all donuts are dunked. Serve immediately or store for later. Enjoy!