If there’s one thing I love – it’s a good pumpkin dessert and these Maple Frosted Mini Pumpkin Bundt Cakes are super delicious and delicately flavored with fall-like taste.
Mini bundt cakes are easy to prepare and just so cute, in my opinion. I enjoy the individual sized portions, which are great to give as gifts or serve after dinner. The batter is creamy pumpkin good and I used canned pumpkin because I think it has the best flavor for baking. The other ingredient that I know provides a soft tender crumb is buttermilk – good quality buttermilk. The acid tenderizes the flour and activates the baking powder for the perfect lift.
A mini bundt pan is easy to find online and I recommend a medium-sized one because the cake is more substantial at that size. As for the maple frosting, it’s a simple mix of confectioner’s sugar, cream and good quality maple syrup. Dunk each bundt after completely cool and you’ll be so ready to dive into this delightful dessert.
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup light brown sugar
4 large eggs
1 1/2 cups canned pumpkin
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup good buttermilk
2 cups confectioner’s sugar
1/4 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup maple syrup
(Makes 1 Dozen)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray mini bundt pan with baker’s spray or butter, then flour lightly
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt.
- In a stand mixer or large bowl, cream butter and sugars for 4 minutes. Scrape down sides of bowl and add eggs one at a time, mixing in between.
- Add pumpkin and vanilla extract and mix for 1 minute. On low speed, add dry ingredients by thirds, alternating with buttermilk until combined.
- Remove bowl and mix by hand. Scoop evenly into prepared pan and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove cakes from oven and let cool 10 minutes, before inverting on a wire rack. Whisk frosting together and dip each bundt when they are completely cool. Enjoy!