Who doesn’t love a chocolate chip cookie fresh from the oven? There is nothing like a warm crispy edged, tender on the inside, bite of chocolaty goodness. I have been making cookies since I was in elementary school and I have experimented with many recipes over the years, but this recipe for Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies is my favorite.
Cookies are the perfect dessert because you can eat them alone or with a large glass of milk, standing up or sitting down, at a party or home all alone. Somehow, chocolate chip cookies always hit the spot.
This recipe for Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies will store in an airtight container for up to three days, if they last that long and you can double the batch for larger groups or to give away as gifts. Also, these cookies make a great portable dessert for picnics, beach outings, lunches, holiday parties or just because you want to share a good chocolate chip cookie.
1 3/4 sticks butter, room temperature
1 cup light brown sugar
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 whole egg + 1 yolk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
(Makes 18 Cookies)
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. In a large stand mixer blend butter for 1 minute.
2. Add both sugars and cream together on medium-high speed for 3 minutes (mixture should look light creamy brown).
3. Add eggs, one at a time to butter mixture and continue to mix on medium high speed for 2 minutes.
4. Add vanilla to creamed mixture and continue to mix for another minute. Add salt, soda and flour to creamed mixture and blend on low speed, just until combined. Do not overmix.
5. Add chocolate chips to creamed mixture and mix together until just combined. Scoop 2-inch balls of dough onto a silpat or parchment lined cookie tray. Press down slightly on each ball of dough. Bake for 12-14 minutes, or until lightly golden brown on top.
6. Let cookies cool for 5 minutes on tray and then remove to cool on a wire rack for a few more minutes before eating, or cool to room temperature before storing in cookie jar or wrapping up to share with friends. Enjoy!