Seafood is one of my favorite things and this Buttery Cracker Crusted Halibut couldn’t get any easier or tastier.
Eating more fish is one thing I strive to do and recipes like this one make it that much easier. This halibut recipe has only a handful of ingredients — halibut, crackers, butter and some dill. A squeeze of lemon after the halibut bakes in a hot oven officially makes this a 6-ingredient dish. I love to serve it with crisp greens or hot rice, probably both, and it’s ready to serve. It’s a weeknight meal that makes dinnertime so delicious with no stress at all.
Halibut is one of those fish that even the pickiest fish eaters will enjoy and probably ask for another serving. The buttery crackers add the right crunch and a dash of either dried or fresh dill give it an herby note that’s barely noticeable, yet necessary. You can double the recipe for a larger dinner party by making two fillets side-by-side and baking them on the same sheet pan.
1 pound halibut fillet
2 tablespoons grainy mustard
1 1/2 cups butter crackers, ritz etc.
4 tablespoons butter, melted
1 teaspoon dried dill or 2 teaspoons fresh dill
juice of 1/2 lemon
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Cover a sheet pan with foil or line with parchment paper.
- Add crackers to a plastic bag and seal. Pound with rolling pin or can, until coarse crumbs.
- Add crackers to melted butter and dried dill, stir. Spoon on top of fish.
- Smear fish with mustard and then top with cracker crumbs. Bake in a hot oven for 15-18 minutes.
- Remove from oven and squeeze with lemon. Slice into four portions and serve. Enjoy!