A warm breakfast on a cold morning always tastes so good and this Baked Pumpkin Cranberry Oatmeal is delightfully spiced with cinnamon and dried cranberries for a seasonal treat. It’s made with pantry ingredients that are stirred by hand in a big bowl and baked in a casserole dish with simplicity.
For flavor — I used canned pumpkin, vanilla, pumpkin pie spice, oatmeal and dried cranberries — all things you probably already have in your cupboard. An egg, melted butter and milk are added to make it creamy smooth and then it’s baked until slightly puffed. I served it warm with a dollop of yogurt and another dusting of spices to add protein and some aromatics. Mornings should always taste this good.
1 cup pumpkin puree
1 large egg
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup dark brown sugar (light will work too)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice + more for dusting
1 1/2 cups oatmeal
1/2 cup whole milk
1/2 cup dried cranberries
yogurt for serving, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Oil or spray a 9-inch casserole dish, set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together pumpkin and egg. Add butter and vanilla, stir.
- Add brown sugar and whisk until smooth. Add salt, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice and oatmeal, stir.
- Add milk and stir until combined. Add cranberries and spoon into prepared pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until top is firm. Remove and spoon into bowls. Dollop with yogurt and dust with more pumpkin pie spice, if desired. Enjoy!