Bacon, Lettuce & Tomato Sandwiches are a summertime favorite, so why not eat them in a salad for a lighter option? I love the saltiness of bacon with charred tangy tomatoes and the quinoa adds an earthiness that you don’t get in a sandwich. The vinaigrette is a simple combination of red wine vinegar and olive oil with a drizzle of Sriracha for a little kick.
This makes a great salad for lunch during the week or a light dinner. You can cube up some rotisserie chicken for an even heartier meal, but this recipe is pretty great just the way it’s written.
6 slices bacon, cooked until crisp
1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
1/2 cup quinoa, cooked according to package directions and let cool
3 cups mixed greens
3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon Sriracha
pinch of salt & pepper
1/4 cup olive oil
1. In a large skillet cook bacon and remove it onto a paper towel lined plate. Drain the bacon fat from the skillet.
2. In the same skillet you cooked the bacon, add the halved cherry tomatoes and cook over medium-high heat, about 4 minutes. Place the tomatoes in a bowl to cool.
3. In a large bowl, add the mixed greens. Then, add the cooked & cooled quinoa, charred tomatoes and crumbled bacon.
4. In a small bowl, whisk together the vinaigrette ingredients and pour over the salad. Gently toss together to combine the flavors.
5. Serve the salad immediately. Enjoy!