I know egg prices are soaring, however they are still pretty economical when compared to other grocery items like meat and seafood. Creating a one-skillet egg dish like this Asparagus, Sweet Pepper, Leek, and Feta Frittata for breakfast, lunch or dinner is not only delicious, but easy to do and makes a complete meal.
Asparagus are abundant in most places right now, as well as leeks and sweet peppers. Sautéing them together in a pan with some olive oil creates a tasty base for this frittata recipe and with the addition of eggs and feta cheese it’s one complete dish. I love the flecks of vibrant colors from the vegetables that pop with the bright yellow eggs. The feta cheese adds a mild saltiness that enhances the recipe and offers some fantastic contrasting flavors.
The entire skillet is done in less than 30 minutes, and with a little toast on the side — you’re pretty much done. You can also serve this chilled from the refrigerator or serve it room temperature at parties or gatherings. It’s also nice with some salsa spooned over top – that’s my California side coming out – I love a little heat.
8 large asparagus, ends trimmed and cut into thirds
1 large leek, washed and sliced into half moons
1 red bell pepper, diced
1/2 teaspoon dried dill or 1 teaspoon fresh dill
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
6 large eggs
1/4 cup milk
1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
1/4 cup fresh parsley, optional
olive oil for cooking
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a non-stick skillet over medium heat, add 2 teaspoons olive oil. Add asparagus, leeks, and bell peppers and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add dill, onion powder and salt and stir. Cook for 1 minute.
- Whisk eggs with milk and pour over top of vegetables. Sprinkle top with feta cheese. Place in oven and bake for 22-25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle top with parsley. Enjoy!