Nothing says, “Celebrate” like Rice Krispies Treats. I am lucky enough to have a mom who baked homemade cookies often and these sticky chewy squares are perfect for most occasions. Today, Rice Krispies Treats have gotten a lot fancier, with flavored marshmallows and a variety of fun cereals to use.
While on vacation, I snatched up a bag of Campfire, Tutti Frutti Marshmallows and I knew right then, what I was going to bake – Tutti Frutti Rice Krispies Treats. But, if you can’t find them in your local store, you can use regular marshmallows and add some fruity candies before you press them in the pan.
1 stick butter + more for fingers
4 cups mini marshmallows
10 ounce bag Tutti Frutti Marshmallows
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 cups Rice Krispies
3 cups Fruity Pebbles
(Makes 12 Squares)
1. Spray a 8 x 8 removable bottom pan with cooking spray. If you don’t have a removable bottom pan, line with foil or wax paper. In a large pot over medium heat, add the butter, marshmallows and salt. Continuously stir, while the butter and marshmallows melt together, about 6 minutes.
2. Turn the heat off and pour the cereal over the melted marshmallow mixture and stir to combine.
3. Moving quickly so the Rice Krispies treats don’t set, spoon the mixture into the prepared pan.
4. Using buttered fingers, press the Rice Krispies Treats into the pan evenly. Place the pan in the refrigerator to set for about 30 minutes.
5. Remove the Rice Krispies Treats from the pan and cut into 12 squares. Wrap the treats up in wax paper to store and eat later or serve immediately. Enjoy!