Roasting potatoes in the oven is an easy process and when you cut them into finer wedges you can create these Roasted Sweet Potato Fries with Herby Feta Sauce for an outstanding meal. The crispy edged potatoes are soft and tender on the inside and when drizzled with a creamy feta sauce and doused in fresh herbs — it’s springtime on one platter.
Slicing sweet potatoes requires a good knife because the colorful spuds should be sliced into fry-like sized pieces to achieve a crispy edge in the oven. I love the different colored varieties of sweet potatoes, and I recommend you choose a couple of different types to create a flavorful plate of food.
The feta sauce is whipped in a blender for a quick and tasty cream sauce that requires nothing more. The soft herbs and scallions I sprinkled over top to finish the dish for complete perfection. I served it as a side dish with some chicken, but it’s a great meal option for vegetarians too.
2 large sweet potatoes, any variety
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
4 ounce feta cheese
1/2 clove garlic
1/4 cup cream
1/4 cup fresh parsley
1/4 cup fresh cilantro
1/4 cup scallions, sliced
olive oil for cooking
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Peel and slice potatoes in half lengthwise. Lay potatoes flat on cutting board and slice into 1-inch slices lengthwise. Lay slices flat on board and slice again in half lengthwise for a fry-like cut.
- Drizzle baking sheet with 2 tablespoons olive oil, add fries and toss. Lay fries flat on sheet. In a small bowl, combine salt, paprika, onion powder, and pepper, stir. Sprinkle over fries and drizzle top with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Roast in a hot oven for 20 minutes. While fries are roasting, in a blender add feta, garlic and cream. Pulse several times. Add 1/2 cup water and puree until smooth. Sauce should be thin and pourable (add more water, if needed).
- Roughly chop parsley, cilantro and scallions together, set aside.
- Turn heat to broil and place potatoes under broiler for 5-10 minutes, for crispy edges. Remove from oven.
- On a platter, spread 1/2 cup of feta sauce and sprinkle with half of herbs. Add fries on top and drizzle with more sauce and herbs. Serve immediately with side of remaining feta sauce. Enjoy!