Gobs are basically a cookie that contains candy or chocolate pieces. However, some Gob recipes are more like Whoopie Pies, where the cookie portion tastes like cake and less like a chewy cookie. I prefer chewy chocolaty cookies over cake cookies because if I wanted cake, I’d make cake.
This recipe is easy to make and contains both mini milk chocolate peanut butter cups and milk chocolate Toblerone. You can find Toblerone in every grocery store nowadays, but remember when it was a special Swiss chocolate that your parents bought for you during the holidays?
These cookies are fun to make for special occasions, especially Halloween, because you can decorate them with orange sugar sprinkles. Another idea would be to dip them in melted white chocolate, for a fun black & white cookie. Anyways, a perfect treat like, Milk Chocolate Gobs will brighten any ole’ day!
1 stick butter, softened
1/3 cup butter-shortening
1 cup granulated sugar
2/3 cup dark brown sugar
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup Toblerone, chopped
1 cup mini peanut butter cups
orange sugar sprinkles, optional
(Makes 2 1/2 dozen Cookies)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Cream together the butter and shortening on high speed in a stand mixer for 3 minutes.
2. Add both sugars and mix together on high speed for 5 minutes.
3. Then, add the vanilla and eggs and mix again on high speed for 2 minutes, or until light and fluffy.
4. Next, add all the dry ingredients, not including the chocolates, and mix on low until just combined, about 1 minute.
5. Then, add the peanut butter cups and chopped Toblerone and stir on low speed for 30 seconds.
6. Remove the bowl from the stand and stir the dough by hand, to make sure all the chocolate pieces are incorporated.
7. Scoop the dough out into balls, about 2 tablespoons each, on a silpat or parchment lined baking sheet. Sprinkle the balls with orange sugar sprinkles.
8. Bake the cookies for 8-10 minutes, until the cookie is set, do not over bake. Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes on the sheet pan before moving to a wire rack.
9. Stack them on your favorite plates and serve with some cold milk or witches brew. Enjoy!
[…] Milk Chocolate Gobs – Recipe! Boo! Perfect for a Happy Halloween! […]