Melting chocolate in a microwave and spreading it slowly over a piece of parchment paper in a large rectangle and then building from there is how it all begins. Crunchy pistachios and chewy dried cranberries are then sprinkled over top and a smattering of sea salt. Melted white chocolate is then drizzled over the bark to create a snow-like effect to add more creamy flavor.
A quick chill in the refrigerator and then it’s ready to break into pieces. I love to share this bark with family and friends over the holiday season. It’s one recipe that you can make quickly over and over again and it stores well in the refrigerator.
24 ounces dark chocolate
1 cup toasted pistachios
1 cup dried cranberries
1 teaspoon sea salt or Maldon salt
8 ounce white chocolate
- Add dark chocolate to a microwave safe bowl. Melt on high for 1 minute, remove and stir. Heat again for 1 minute, remove and stir until creamy (repeat in microwave, if not melted enough to stir).
- Spread chocolate on a parchment lined baking sheet into a 9 x 13 inch rectangle. Sprinkle top with pistachios and cranberries.
- Sprinkle top with salt and place in refrigerator.
- Place white chocolate in a bowl and break apart with fingers. Heat on high for 1 minute, stir. Heat again for 30 seconds, stir until creamy.
- Using a whisk, drizzle over top of bark. Place back in refrigerator to set for at least 30 minutes. Break apart into large pieces. Enjoy!