Christmas and Hanukkah may be over, but that doesn’t mean we are done with all the celebrating. The New Year is approaching quickly, and this one is a biggie – the start of a new decade. This year, it would be nice to go out with a Bang, and whether you are having a huge party, an intimate gathering at home, or late-night dessert fest when the clock strikes twelve – a decadent treat is always in order.
Chocolate seems to be at the forefront of a festive dessert and cheesecake tends to be a favorite for many. A creation combining the two was a Must so, I created the richest, chocolaty(ist) cheesecake you have ever eaten, and it’s super easy to prepare.
If you haven’t purchased an Instant Pot, or electric pressure cooker – I don’t know what you are waiting for – they rock! This device can bake up a cheesecake in 25 minutes with no big water baths and virtually no cracks. The filling is added to the crust and cooked in a cup of water at the base – that’s it. Afterwards, the cheesecake cools to room temperature and it’s stored in the refrigerator until ready to serve. You can definitely bake this up early, because it stores for a handful of days. It’s a dessert worthy of our New Year to come.
1 package Biscoff cookies, or graham crackers
2 tablespoon sugar
5 tablespoons butter, melted
2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
1 cup dark chocolate chunks
16 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
1 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
3 tablespoons dark cocoa powder
2 tablespoons heavy cream
1 cup dark chocolate chunks
1/4 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a food processor add all Crust ingredients and pulse until fine crumbs. Press into bottom of 7-inch Springform pan and bake for 10 minutes. Remove and let cool.
- In a microwave safe bowl, add unsweetened and dark chocolates. Microwave on high for 1 minute, remove and stir. Microwave again for 40 seconds and remove and stir until completely melted (add more time if needed).
- In a stand mixer or large bowl, mix cream cheese on low for 3 minutes. Scrape down sides of bowl and add eggs one at a time until combined, about 2 minutes.
- Add sugar and vanilla and continue to mix on low for 3 minutes. Add cocoa powder, heavy cream and melted chocolate, mix on low for 2 minutes.
- Dollop Filling on top of crust and cover with foil. Place in Instant Pot on rack with 1 cup water at bottom. Cook on high pressure for 25 minutes. Release steam immediately and remove cheesecake and place on rack. Remove foil and cool to room temperature, about an hour.
- Store in refrigerator for several hours or up to 3 days. Three hours before serving – place Ganache Topping ingredients in a small bowl and microwave for 1 minute, stir. Microwave again for 30 seconds, stir until melted. Spread over top of cheesecake and refrigerate until set, about 2-3 hours. Slice and serve when ready. Enjoy!