Who doesn’t love granola? Especially homemade granola. There is nothing like the smell of oats and nuts mixed with brown sugar and maple syrup cooking in your oven. Not only does the aroma get you in the mood for fall, but the flavors set your soul ready for a little change in season.
My granola it is loaded with raw pumpkin seeds, pecans and almonds – definitely packed full of nuttiness. Oats, brown sugar and maple syrup give this harvest mix a hint of sweetness that is crunchy, chewy and better than any grocery stores granola you can find.
I like to serve it sprinkled over Greek yogurt or with a splash of milk for breakfast, mid-afternoon or late night snack. Sometimes I find myself grabbing a handful out of the jar as a quick snack before heading out. It also makes a great treat to pack for day trips or kids sporting events too.
2 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
1 cup pecans
2/3 cup raw pumpkin seeds or pepitas
1 cup slivered almonds
1/2 cup sweetened coconut
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
1/3 cup dark brown sugar
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup dried cranberries
(Makes 1 Quart)
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees. In a large bowl, combine all nuts. Add oats, coconut and salt.
2. In a separate bowl, combine brown sugar, coconut oil and maple syrup. Add cinnamon to mixture and whisk to combine.
3. Combine wet ingredients and dry ingredients, stir until mixed thoroughly. Spread oat mixture out onto two lined baking sheets.
4. Place baking sheets in oven and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Stir granola a few times during baking process. Remove granola from oven and let cool completely.
5. Pour granola into a large canister and add dried cranberries. Scoop out into a bowl or spoon on top of yogurt or ice cream. Enjoy!