There is nothing like a homemade batch of Granola. The smell of oats and nuts mixed with brown sugar and maple syrup cooking in your oven not only tantalizes the taste buds, but makes your whole house feel like fall. My granola it is loaded with raw pumpkin seeds, pecans and almonds – definitely packed-full of nuttiness. Oats, brown sugar and maple syrup give this harvest mix a hint of sweetness that is crunchy, chewy and better than any grocery store granola you can find.
I prefer to enjoy it sprinkled over Greek yogurt, or with a splash of milk for breakfast, but, it’s pretty tasty as a mid-afternoon snack as well. It also makes a great treat to pack for day trips, or kids sporting events.
2 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
1 cup pecans
2/3 cup raw pumpkin seeds or pepitas
1 cup slivered almonds
1/2 cup sweetened coconut
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
1/3 cup dark brown sugar
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup dried cranberries
(Makes 1 Quart)
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees. In a large bowl, combine all nuts. Add oats, coconut and salt.
2. In a separate bowl, combine brown sugar, coconut oil and maple syrup. Add cinnamon to mixture and whisk to combine.
3. Combine wet ingredients and dry ingredients, stir until mixed thoroughly. Spread oat mixture out onto two lined baking sheets.
4. Place baking sheets in oven and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Stir granola a few times during baking process. Remove granola from oven and let cool completely.
5. Pour granola into a large canister and add dried cranberries. Spoon into a bowl or spoon on top of yogurt or ice cream. Enjoy!