The holiday’s are here and so are the Cookies! Here is another scrumptious holiday square, that is just perfect for the season. These bars taste like a gingerbread cake, but with chocolaty chips inside to add to the flavors of Christmas. These are super simple to make and you can make them in a stand mixer, or stir them by hand, the old fashioned way. I think you will love these!
5 tablespoons butter, room temperature
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
1/4 cup molasses
1 large egg
1/4 cup cocoa powder
3/4 cup all purpose flour
1 teaspoon ginger
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon cloves
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
a pinch of salt
1/2 cup Greek yogurt or sour cream
1 cup mini chocolate chips
(Makes 16 Squares)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 9 X 9 baking pan.
2. Sift all dry ingredients together. In a stand mixer, cream butter and sugar for 2 minutes.
3. Next, add egg and molasses and mix until combined.
4. Add all dry ingredients and mix slowly while adding yogurt. Stir in by hand chocolate chips.
5. Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 25 minutes. Cool and slice into bars. Enjoy!