Sundried tomatoes with creamy mascarpone cheese and a touch of garlic create a beautiful sauce for shrimp. This Creamy Sundried Tomato Shrimp recipe is super simple and made in a skillet on the stove top in minutes, and can be enjoyed tossed with pasta, over rice, or enjoyed straight from the pan.
I used julienned sundried tomatoes in oil for simplicities sake and added garlic cloves and some dried seasonings from the pantry before pulverizing in a food processor. The glowing sundried tomato mix is not quite a pesto, because they’re no nuts in it, however its lovely texture and sweet flavors compliment shrimp beautifully for a quick and tasty meal.
I used frozen shrimp in the recipe, no need to defrost and in a few minutes time they come to life and poach with ease. The mascarpone cheese adds earthiness and plays with the tomatoes until they become slightly creamy — another flavorful note that will impress your palate. I served this meal straight from the skillet with rustic bread.
8 ounces sundried tomatoes in oil
2 cloves garlic
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 cup red onion, diced
2/3 pound large frozen shrimp, deveined and peeled
1/3 cup mascarpone cheese
1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
olive oil for cooking
- In a food processor, add sundried tomatoes, garlic, salt, Italian seasoning and red pepper flakes. Puree until chunky smooth, about 1 minute, set aside.
- In a large skill, add 2 teaspoons olive oil and red onion and sauté for 3 minutes. Add sundried tomato mixture and stir. Cook for 2 minutes, while stirring.
- Add shrimp and cover skillet with lid. Cook for 3 minutes, remove lid. Continue to cook for 1 minute.
- Add mascarpone cheese and stir. Continue stirring until combined with sundried tomatoes.
- Sprinkle parsley over top and serve hot. Enjoy!