A warm Cheesy Double Bean Dip is what every game-night needs. Whether it’s football on television or classic games played with your kids or friends — a good dip makes everything more fun.
Canned beans or in this case blackeyed peas and aduki beans are drained and added to a bowl, then mashed until slightly creamy. Pantry items for flavoring; like pickled jalapenos and dried spices add just the right kick, but it’s the sour cream and sharp cheddar cheese that gives this dip it’s creaminess.
After a few minutes in the oven, it’s warm and gooey — ready for serving. I like tortilla chips with this dip, but corn chips would be delicious as well. Game night should always be packed with laughter and this dip recipe will make it super tasty.
14 ounce can blackeyed peas, drained and rinsed
14 ounce can aduki beans or other small red bean, drained and rinsed
1/4 cup pickled jalapenos, chopped
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 cup fresh chives, chopped
1/2 cup sour cream
2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese, grated
1 tablespoon hot sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Add drained beans to a large bowl, mash with a potato masher until coarse.
- Add jalapenos, salt, onion powder and pepper, stir.
- Add chives and sour cream, stir. Add 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese and hot sauce, stir until combined.
- Place dip in an oiled 9 x 9 inch baking dish. Bake for 20 mintes or until cheese has melted and edges are bubbly. Remove and serve with chips.