My Yogurt Panna Cotta with Raspberry Sauce is an easy and ultra tasty dessert to serve for any occasion, but especially on Valentine’s Day because it’s light, ruby red on top, and super creamy.
Panna Cotta is a no-bake Italian pudding that is thickened with gelatin and therefore, no eggs are required. It has a much lighter taste than most custard-based desserts with an enjoyable mouthfeel, and it can be topped with any type of fruit puree, berries or sauce. Using yogurt in Panna Cotta adds a tang that is quite delicious and gives it another note of flavor. I prefer to use non-fat Greek yogurt because it balances out the heavy cream and keeps this dessert refreshingly clean.
Individual cups of Panna Cotta make for a great presentation and thicken up quickly within a few hours. The Raspberry Sauce is as simple as cooking down a little fruit with water and sugar, then straining. I enjoy the look of a few fresh berries sprinkled over the top.
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 1/2 teaspoons gelatin
1 1/2 cups heavy cream, divided
2/3 cup granulated sugar
2 cups non-fat Greek yogurt
2 cups frozen raspberries
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
1/2 cup fresh raspberries
fresh mint, optional
(Makes 8 Servings)
- In a small bowl, combine lemon juice and 2 tablespoons cool water, stir. Sprinkle gelatin over top.
- In a saucepan, add 1 cup heavy cream and sugar, stir. Place over medium heat and cook until it just begins to simmer. Pour gelatin mixture into hot cream and whisk until melted and combined. Turn off heat, set aside.
- In a medium bowl add remaining cream and yogurt, stir. Pour gelatin mixture over yogurt mixture and whisk until smooth.
- Pour Panna Cotta into a measuring cup and pour into 1/2 cup dishes or bowls. Place cups on a sheet pan and put in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours, but up to 2 days.
- In a saucepan, add frozen raspberries, sugar and 1/4 cup water. Place over medium heat and cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and pour through a fine mesh strainer over a bowl. Press fruit with spoon until all the liquid is released.
- When Panna Cotta is set, spoon sauce over top and place fresh berries on top. Enjoy!