Mojitos are a combination of fruit, rum, mint and sugar muddled together with a little ice and sparkling water. What makes mojitos fun to drink is they are light and refreshing, which really hits the spot during these warm summer months. Watermelon is a light fruit, which blends nicely with rum and mint, so Watermelon Mojitos are the perfect seasonal cocktail.
I prepare the Watermelon Mojitos in a pitcher, which makes them easy to serve for a party. These cocktails can be prepared ahead, just don’t add the sparkling water until party time!
2 cups cubed watermelon
12 mint leaves
2 teaspoons honey
8 ounces white rum
2 cups crushed ice + more for glasses
1 1/2 cups sparkling water
1. In a medium pitcher, add the cubed watermelon and mint leaves.
2. Drizzle the honey on top of the watermelon and mint leaves.
3. Using a dowel or wooden spoon, muddle the watermelon mixture together, crushing the mint into the watermelon.
4. Next, add the rum and lemon juice and muddle the mixture again.
5. Then, add the ice and sparkling water and stir to combine.
6. Fill the glasses 1/3 with ice and pour the Watermelon Mojitos on top. Cheers!