Whether it’s summer, winter, spring or fall, nothing sounds better than roasting s’mores over an open fire. I like to keep the s’more spirit alive all year with these delicious S’more Brownies. S’more Brownies are as easy to bake as regular brownies, but with a few additions like; graham crackers, milk chocolate chips and of course, mini marshmallows. The combination of these three ingredients alone send us right back to our favorite camp fire.
These brownies can be cut in squares and stored flat in a sealed container for several days, which makes them great to take to a barbecue, pack in school lunches or a weekend celebration. Serve these with a glass of cold milk or hot chocolate and act like a kid again.
4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
1 stick butter
1 cup organic sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2/3 cup all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 large graham crackers or 8 squares
1 cup milk chocolate chips
1 cup mini marshmallows
(Makes 16 Squares)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Butter or oil a 9 x 9 square pan, removable bottom. If you don’t have a removable bottom pan, line a regular 9 x 9 pan with parchment paper, so the edges hang over, then butter. In a microwave safe bowl, add the unsweetened chocolate and butter. Heat on high for 1 minute. Remove from the microwave and stir. Place the bowl back into the microwave for 30 more seconds and stir again until smooth.
2. Stir in the sugar by hand, until smooth and then pour in the vanilla and stir again. Add the eggs. one at a time until combined.
3. Next, add the flour, baking powder and salt and stir until smooth. Crush the graham crackers, until coarse crumbs and add them to the batter, stir to combine.
4. Then, add the chocolate chips and stir until smooth. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 30-40 minutes, or just until firm. Be careful not to over bake.
5. Remove the brownies from the oven and turn the oven to broil. Sprinkle the marshmallows over the top of the brownies and place back in the oven for 30 seconds to 1 minute, or just until the marshmallows are golden brown. Keep your eye on the marshmallows, so they don’t burn.
6. Remove the brownies from the oven and let cool to room temperature for 1 hour. Remove the brownies from the pan.
7. Place the brownies on a cutting board and slice into squares. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container for up to 5 days. Enjoy!