I love a good smoothie, especially if it has a scoop of protein to satisfy my hunger after a good run or workout. Sometimes drinking an entire glass of the same flavor gets a little boring, so I thought I would create a layered morning treat with this super tasty Rainbow Protein Smoothie. The blueberries, raspberries and mangoes really enhance the refreshing quality of this drink. The quick video shows you how easy this recipe is to make, so get blending. Enjoy!
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
1 cup almonds milk + more to thin
1 cup ice
handful of blueberries, about 2/3 cup
handful of frozen raspberries, about 2/3 cup
handful of frozen mango, about 2/3 cup
maple syrup optional, for additional sweetness
(Makes 2 Smoothies)
1. Add scoop of vanilla protein powder, almond milk and ice to a blender, puree. Pour into a large glass, reserving 1/3 of mixture in blender.
2. Add a handful of frozen blueberries and puree again (you can thin with more almond milk if needed). Pour blueberry smoothie into 2 glasses.
3. Add 1/3 of vanilla protein smoothie in blender with a handful of frozen raspberries, puree ( thin with more almond milk if needed). Pour on top of blueberry smoothie.
4. Add the last 1/3 of vanilla protein smoothie into blender with a handful of frozen mangoes, puree. Pour on top of raspberry smoothie.
5. Place straws in smoothies, Enjoy!
*if you like your smoothies a bit sweeter add 1/2 teaspoon of maple syrup with the frozen fruit!