It’s a great day to bake with the rains rolling into town and my Orange Cranberry Pecan Bread with Crumb Crust is one tasty loaf. This bread is infused with orange zest and has chewy dried cranberries and crunchy nuts that make each slice the perfect bite.
Quick breads are those things that really make life easy and delicious because they are so simple to put together and taste like it took all day. Having a warm slice out of the oven with coffee in the morning, mid-day or after dinner is so delightful and really brings fall flavors into focus.
Infusing orange zest into the batter makes a difference and offers a gentle nudge of citrus taste that enhance dried cranberries and pecans. I love this combination of flavors in a quick bread and the crumb crust is the buttery sugar topping that brings it all together.
zest of 1 orange
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1/3 cup vegetable oil
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup buttermilk
2/3 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup toasted pecans, chopped
1/2 brown sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup all-purposed flour
6 tablespoon cold butter, diced
dash of cinnamon
(Makes 1 Loaf)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray loaf pan with oil or baking spray.
- In a stand mixer or large bowl, add orange zest and both sugars, mix for 2 minutes. Add eggs and oil and mix for 1 minute.
- Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Mix on low for 30 seconds and add buttermilk. Mix until just combined.
- Add cranberries and pecans and mix until incorporated. Spoon into a prepared pan.
- Add crumb topping ingredients into a bowl and using fingers, press until coarse crumbs. Sprinkle of top of bread.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes. Remove and let cool 25 minutes in pan before losing edges with a knife and inverting onto rack.
- Cool completely before slicing. Enjoy!