The Bourbon Sour is my husband’s favorite cocktail and we usually whip up a batch now and again for celebrations or just because. This new version of the Infused Bourbon Sour is made with a honey syrup that is steeped with lemongrass. I make this special syrup for cocktails, to splash on fresh fruit or to add in salad dressings. I use Bullet 10 in this recipe, but most people have a favorite.
Honey Syrup is simple to make – equal parts honey and water simmered in a saucepan. But with this new recipe for honey syrup, I add a smashed stalk of lemongrass for a fresh new lemon essence. Citrus is subtle in lemongrass and I enjoy the fragrance in a smooth syrup like this one.
These cocktails are fun to make at parties or small get-togethers with friends. You can make a larger batch ahead of time by quadrupling the recipe or make them fresh with a designated bartender.
Bourbon, your choice
Infused Honey Syrup – equal parts honey + water + 1 stalk of lemon grass smashed
Lemons, depends on how many cocktails you are making
(Makes 1 darn good cocktail)
1. To make the honey syrup, add all the ingredients to a saucepan and simmer. Turn the heat off and let the lemongrass steep in the syrup until the liquid reaches room temperature. Disgard the lemongrass stalk ( you can store the syrup in a refrigerator for several weeks). Gather all your ingredients to make the cocktails.
2. Ice your glasses.
3. In a shaker, add 1 shot of bourbon and 1 shot of honey syrup.
2. Zest a lemon.
4. Add the juice of half a lemon to the shaker with the Bourbon and Honey Syrup.
5. Shakin’ not Stirred!
6. Toss the ice out of the glass and rub the zest around the rim of the glass and drop it into the center.
7. Pour the Infused Bourbon Sour into your chilled glass and….