Gluten-free desserts are everywhere today and whether you have a sensitivity or not, sometimes it’s just fun to enjoy baked goods with different textures. These Raspberry Crunch Bars are made with gluten-free flour, oats, nuts and jam and boy are they great!
You can find gluten-free flour at most stores and the flour is what makes these bars so crumbly. The oats and nuts add a earthiness that enrich the crust and the raspberry jam, adds to the party. The entire combination of flavors have an old school vibe, which makes these squares super delish.
I almost named these bars – No Brainer Bars, they are that easy to bake. I think you’ll love this dessert and not even notice it is gluten-free.
1 1/3 cups Gluten Free Flour
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum (found in high-end specialty stores or online)
1 stick cold butter, cut into 1 inch pieces
2 tablespoons light brown sugar
1/3 cup pecans, chopped
1/3 cup rolled oats
1 13 ounce jar raspberry preserves
(Makes 16 Bars)
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. In a large bowl, or stand mixer combine the flour, granulated sugar, salt and xanthan gum. To flour mixture, add pieces of butter and mix on low, until coarse crumbles.
2. Next, remove 1/2 cup of dough and set it aside. Dump rest of dough mixture into a foil lined 8 x 8 pan. Press dough into pan, until it reaches sides. Place pan in oven to bake for 13 minutes, or just until set.
3. Take reserved dough and add brown sugar, pecans and oats. Using your fingers, gently squeeze together, until it clumps together slightly.
4. Remove crust from oven and spread preserves over the entire crust. Next, add crumbly oat mixture.
5. Place bars into oven to bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool to room temperature before slicing. Cut bars into squares and place them on your favorite platter or dish. Enjoy!