Linguine and Shrimp is a light and delicious pasta dish that tastes great whether it is cold outside or in the heat of the summer. Minced garlic and good olive oil is the key to enhancing the pan sauteed seafood before it is tossed with the long strands of pasta.
However, this recipe is different, I use zucchini as the noodles. Spiralizers are the hottest kitchen gadget on the market, which allow you to create noodles out of vegetables. Zucchini is the most popular vegetable to spiralize, but carrots, beets and even the stalks of broccoli can be done. The key to creating delicious zoodles, is the roast them in the oven beforehand, then toss them in the sauce for the perfect flavorful dish.
If you don’t own a spiralizer, you can use a vegetable peeler to create wider noodles however, for a few bucks on amazon.com, you can get a perfectly decent spiralizer that creates long thin noodles in seconds. I love the flavor and texture in this recipe for Garlic Shrimp & Linguine Zoodles and it doesn’t weigh you down like traditional pasta, but tastes as good as the original.
2-3 large zucchini
12 large shrimp – cleaned and deveined
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tomato, seeded and diced
1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Wash and dry your zucchini. Using your spiralizer or vegetable peeler, create your zoodles. Toss them with 3 tablespoons of olive oil and place them on a sheet pan.
2. Place the sheetpan in the oven and roast the zoodles for 12-15 minutes. Be careful not to overcook the zoodles or they will turn to mush.
3. In a saute pan, add 3 tablespoons of olive oil and place it over medium heat. Allow the pan to heat for 1 minute, then add the shrimp and cook on the first side for 2 minutes.
4. Then, flip the shrimp over and add the garlic, diced tomato and red pepper flakes. Stir to combine and continue to cook on medium heat for 3 minutes.
5. Remove the zoodles from the oven and toss them in the pan with the shrimp. Stir to combine and continue to cook for 2 more minutes.
6. Turn the heat off and sprinkle the entire dish with salt and pepper and fresh basil. Toss again to combine the flavors.
7. Spoon the Garlic Shrimp & Linguine Zoodles into bowls. Enjoy!