Cauliflower puree is a big hit right now, especially with all the buzz about low carb diets. Cauliflower is abundant and inexpensive and you can find it at any grocer during any month of the year. Cauliflower being a cruciferous vegetable is loaded with vitamins and antioxidants and is highly recommended by nutritionists.
What makes Cauliflower Puree a great side dish is that is has tons of flavor and you can add other ingredients to the puree to compliment any dish. In this recipe, I use Greek yogurt to add creaminess, but you can omit it if you are lactose intolerant. Fresh herbs, cheese or dried powders like curry make great add-ins as well. This recipe is delicious and pairs well with my Turkey Meatloaf or Chicken with Mushroom Pan Sauce Recipe.
1 large head of cauliflower
1 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup Greek yogurt
1. Wash and dry head of cauliflower. Cut cauliflower into floret.
2. Add the florets to a medium saucepan. Add broth and water to the pan and place over medium heat.
3. After 2 minutes, cover pan and turn the heat to low to steam for 12 minutes or until the cauliflower is soft.
4. With a slotted spoon, remove the cauliflower and place in a food process or blender and puree until smooth.
5. Add the Greek yogurt and 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper to the cauliflower mixture. Puree the mixture until creamy.
6. Place in a serving bowl or dollop onto plates and top with favorite protein. Enjoy!