I know the title for these cookies is a little long, however the flavors are amazing. Pretzels are now in everything including M&M’s, so I thought why not a cookie? I used chocolate covered pretzels in this recipe for chocolaty flavor and Sunflower Seed Butter to heighten the flavors. These cookies are great for a picnic or as a sweet treat for friends and family! Sunflower Seed Butter is sold at Whole Foods, Trader Joe’s and other specialty grocers.
1 cup SunFlower Seed Butter, room temperature
1 stick butter, room temperature
1 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup granulated sugar
2 1/3 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 cups chocolate covered pretzels, chopped
(Makes 2 1/2 dozen)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a stand mixer, combine Sunflower Seed Butter and butter. Cream together for 2 minutes. Gradually add sugars and continue to mix on medium for 1 minute more.
2. Next, add eggs one at a time until combined. Stop mixer and add all dry ingredients (not pretzels yet). Gently, mix together for 30 seconds.
3. Add pretzels to dough until just blended, do not overmix!
4. Scoop dough onto cookie sheet with scoop, about 3 tablespoon balls. Press gently down with palm of your hand and then criss cross with fork like peanut butter cookies.
5. Bake for 12 minutes until lightly golden but not dark. Let rest on cookie sheet for 5 minutes and move to plate for cooling. Enjoy!