I delicious fudgy brownie is something most of us can really appreciate, and these Espresso Brownies with an additional shot of flavor makes them even more special. These chewy, tender and super chocolaty squares with a hint of freshly brewed espresso is a dessert that you will certainly adore.
Hot espresso stirred into an already amazingly fudgy batter turns up the flavor and creates a baked good that makes life that much better. The ingredients are simple, the taste divine, and after slicing into big squares can be enjoyed for any occasion.
I like to serve these casually after any meal, or pack them up for lunches, or to give to friends for an afternoon surprise. Good cocoa powder, preferably dark, adds to the intense flavors and creates this deep rich hue which reflects the taste.
1 cup melted butter
2 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup dark cocoa powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 shot espresso, about 2 ounces or 1 tablespoon espresso powder
(Makes 12 large Brownies)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 13 x 9 inch pan with parchment, overhanging on two sides.
- In a large bowl, add sugar and melted butter, stir until combined. Add eggs and stir until creamy smooth.
- Sift in cocoa powder and flour into batter and add salt, stir. Add vanilla and shot of espresso, stir until combined.
- Spoon into prepared pan and smooth out on top.
- Bake in oven for 30-35 minutes, or until almost firm. Remove and let cool before slicing. Enjoy!