I am in a blueberry state of mind lately, if there is such a thing?! I love blueberries in all sorts of things – desserts, salads, glazes and yes, Mojitos. Blueberry Mojitos are not only refreshing, but easy to make and delicious. By muddling a few blueberries and adding a little mint and lime, you have a new exciting cocktail on your hands. You can make them the traditional way served with rum or my way, with vodka like in this recipe. This would make a great cocktail for the 4th of July or any celebration.
2 – 4 pints blueberries
1 bottle vodka
2 cups simple syrup (equal parts sugar and water cooked and cooled)
2 bunches of mint
1 liter of soda water
1. Per glass – muddle together 1/4 cup blueberries, 4 mint leaves, slice of lime and 1 tablespoon simple syrup.
2. Next, fill the glass with ice – crushed or extruded ice preferably.
3. Add 1 shot (1 1/2 oz.) of vodka, more if you like strong mojitos.
4. Then, fill to the rim with soda water.
5. Stir lightly and serve with appetizers or all by themselves!
[…] Blueberry Mojito […]
[…] Blueberry Mojitos – Recipe! […]