Avocado toast is a healthy comfort food showing up on breakfast and lunch menus everywhere. The rich and creamy texture of avocados are delightful when place upon a toasted slice of rustic bread. These toasts are perfect by themselves, but are even more divine with creamy soft scrambled eggs.
This recipe for Avocado Toasts with Creamy Soft Scrambled Eggs is perfect for a weekend breakfast or brunch, but it is a nice option during the week for dinner with a green salad or soup. I like to serve these warm right off the stove, but room temperature is nice too.
4 slices rustic bread, toasted
1 tablespoon butter + more for toast
1 teaspoon half & half
2 tablespoons cream cheese
minced garlic chives, optional
1. Toast and butter bread and set aside.
2. Slice the avocado and place it on top of the buttered toast.
3. Whisk together the eggs and half & half. Place a saute pan over medium heat and melt 1 tablespoon butter. Add the eggs and stir gently until they just begin to come together, about 1 minute.
4. Add the cream cheese and continue to stir until it begins to melt, about 1 minute. Turn off the heat and continue to stir until creamy, about 30 seconds.
5. Spoon the creamy soft scrambled eggs on top of the toasts and sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic chives. Enjoy!