Summer fruits are just delicious, especially when combined in a fresh salad. I enjoy the fresh flavors of watermelon and peaches during the summer and when you combine the two with soft milky burrata, you really have something special. Burrata in anything makes it more yummy to eat and the luscious soft texture of the cheese combined with the fruits in this recipe, delicately melt in your mouth.
This is a great dish to eat all on its own, or you could serve it with grilled fish or chicken for a fun outdoor barbecue. I used my indoor grill to grill the peaches, but you can use a stovetop grill pan or outdoor barbecue just as well. This is one salad you need to make now, while the summer fruits are in season because in another month, we will be heading into apple season.
2 cups arugula
1 ball fresh burrata
1 sprig fresh mint
2 tablespoons aged balsamic vinegar, or you can cook down regular balsamic vinegar
(Serves 4 )
1. Heat the grill to 375 degrees or heat a grill pan to medium-high heat. Dice up the watermelon into medium sized pieces. Slice and remove the seed from both peaches.
2. Brush the peaches with olive oil and place them cut side down on the grill. Grill the peaches for 4-5 minutes on the cut side, or until slightly softened with grill marks.
3. Place the grilled peaches on a plate to cool. Wash and dry the arugula and arrange in on a serving platter.
4. Scatter the watermelon on top of the arugula. Slice the burrata into 6 wedges and place it on top of the salad. Then, slice the grilled peaches into 3 wedges and place them around the salad. Sprinkle the fresh mint leaves and salt to taste, on top of the fresh fruit. Then, lightly drizzle the aged balsamic over the salad.
5. Serve the Watermelon, Grilled Peach & Burrata Salad with a crisp white wine or iced tea. Enjoy!