Whether your New Year’s Resolution is to eat a little healthier, lose a few pounds or prepare your own meals, this recipe for Warm Crispy Shrimp Salad will hit the spot. The shrimp are tossed in a dry herb combination and quickly seared in a pan for luscious flavor. Then, I pour the shrimp over the top of freshly sliced cabbage and lettuce to slightly wilt the greens and serve it with an easy vinaigrette.
You can make this ahead and dress it later to take to work, serve at home or share with friends at a luncheon. The entire salad can be made within 10 minutes and tastes better than anything you can get at a grocery store or local restaurant. I like to portion my salad out and eat it during the week for lunches, while I’m blogging. Happy Cooking!
1/2 head cabbage
1/4 head Iceburg lettuce
1/2 pound large shrimp, peeled & deveined
1 tablespoon potato starch or flour
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
8 basil leaves
1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon agave nectar or honey
pinch of salt & pepper
1/3 cup olive oil
1. Thinly slice the cabbage and lettuce and toss it into a large serving bowl.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine the potato starch, onion powder, paprika, cumin, salt and pepper. Whisk to combine and add the shrimp, toss to coat.
3. In a saute pan, add 2 tablespoons vegetable oil and place over medium-high heat. After a minute, add the shrimp and cook for 3 minutes or until slightly browned. Flip over and continue to cook 3 more minutes. Squeeze lime over the top of shrimp.
4. Pour the shrimp over the cabbage mixture. Slice the avocado and place on top of the salad, along with the fresh basil leaves.
5. In a jar with fitted lid, add all the vinaigrette ingredients. Shake 1 minute, until thickened. Spoon the vinaigrette over the top of the salad and serve. Enjoy!