Eggs Benedict is a brunch favorite and after Thanksgiving it is even better with all the leftovers. Using day-old dressing as the toast or bread underneath the poached eggs is a real treasure because it’s loaded with herbs and spices. The combination of fresh eggs melting over stuffing is light and aromatic – definitely one breakfast you will wish you could make year round.
To prepare the Eggs Benedict with Turkey-Day Dressing, I created small nests with the stuffing in a skillet and crisped the bottom, while the tops get steamy hot. Then, I blend a zesty Cranberry Chipotle Hollandaise with leftover cranberry sauce and a spoon of chipotle sauce. The combination of flavors are scrumptiously savory with just a bit of sweetness from the cranberries. I think this will make those turkey day leftovers even more memorable the second or third time around.
So, gather your relatives and friends and make one last meal before the weekend holiday celebration ends. You could also make this for dinner for all the breakfast lovers in the house.
4 cups leftover dressing
8 eggs + 2 yolks for sauce
2 teaspoons white vinegar
juice of 1/2 lemon
5 tablespoons melted butter
1 teaspoon cranberry sauce
1/2 teaspoon Chipotle sauce from a can of Chipotle peppers
1. In a food processor, add the 2 egg yolks and lemon juice. Blend on high to combine. While the blender is running, add the melted butter. The mixture should thicken, about 30 seconds.
2. Then add the cranberry and chipotle sauce to the blender and continue to blend for 30 more seconds. Set aside.
3. In a large 3-inch deep saute pan, fill with water and heat until simmering. Add 2 teaspoons of vinegar to the water and add eggs 1 at a time. Cook for about 3 minutes.
4. In another skillet, add 1 tablespoon olive oil and place over medium heat. Add the dressing to the skillet and shape into nests or rounds. Place a lid over the pan and cook for 3 minutes or until crispy on the bottom and warm on the top.
5. Place two nests of dressing on each plate and top with a poached egg.
6. Spoon the Cranberry Chipotle Hollandaise over the top and serve. Enjoy!