Brunch is a special meal on the weekends, where you actually have time to put together something a little more meaningful and dine with your family and friends. One pan egg dishes are a simple, but delicious way to prepare a meal without too much work and this recipe for Souffle Omelette with Feta & Basil is just that. The combination of ingredients are mildly delicious and the feta as it heats in the oven becomes softer in flavor and pairs nicely with the fresh basil.
I like my Souffle Omelette with fresh greens, sausage patties and/or fresh fruit, but you can always eat this all by itself for a satisfying meal. Serve this right out of the skillet for a fun family style presentation and you can double the recipe for larger groups, just increase the size of your skillet.
4 eggs, divided
3 tablespoons parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon butter
3 ouunces feta cheese, crumbled
5 basil leaves, sliced
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Separate the egg yolks from the whites. Place the whites in a stand mixer and beat until firm peaks, about 4 minutes.
2. Whisk the egg yolks with the Parmesan cheese. Then, add the yolk mixture to the whipped whites and fold together with a rubber spatula.
3. In a 9-inch skillet, add 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat, allow the butter to melt. Then, add 2/3 of the egg mixture. Sprinkle the crumbled feta on top, followed by 3/4 of the fresh basil. Turn off the heat.
4. Dollop the last 1/3 of the egg mixture on top of the feta and basil and place the skillet in the oven to bake for 10-15 minutes. Then, turn the broiler on and broil the top just until golden brown, about 30 seconds. Remove the Souffle Omelette from the oven.
5. Drizzle the Souffle Omelette with good olive oil and a sprinkling of salt and pepper. Top with the remaining basil. Enjoy!