Bundt Cakes are easy to make and just as tasty as layered cakes. The batter is poured into a spherical bundt pan and baked until the aroma from the oven tells you its done. Pistachios make a great addition to Bundt Cakes because of the mild earthy flavor and the tender crunch they add to the texture. Roasting pistachios ahead of time is key to intensifying the nutty goodness, so make sure you don’t skip this step.
Bundt Cakes are the perfect travel cake too, because you don’t need to worry about layers sliding during the car ride or frosting melting. Pistachio Bundt Cake with Lemon Glaze brings a taste of Spring and in its purest form with the combination of pistachios and lemon and it is delicious as dessert or a teatime treat.
1 cup pistachios, roasted
2 1/2 cup all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 stick butter, room temperature
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1 1/2 cup buttermilk
1 cup powdered sugar
juice of 1/2 lemon
(Makes 1 Bundt Cake)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Butter and flour bundt pan. In the food processor, pulse pistachios until coarse meal, about 15 pulses. Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Pulse again until combined, about 5 pulses.
2. In a stand mixer or large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth, about 3 minutes. Add the almond extract and mix on high for 1 minute, then add the eggs and mix again for 3 minutes.
3. Add 1/3 of the dry ingredients to the wet mixture with 1/3 of the buttermilk. Mix on low for 1 minute. Continue adding 1/3 of dry and buttermilk, until incorporated. Pour into the prepared bundt pan and bake in the oven for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick comes clean and you smell the fresh pistachio cake baking in the oven.
4. Remove from the oven and let cool in the pan for 20 minutes. Using a table knife, loosen around the center and perimeter. Invert onto a cake stand or plate. Let cool to room temperature, about 45 minutes. In a small bowl, whisk the powdered sugar and lemon juice, until smooth.
5. Using a spoon, drizzle the glaze over the cake and let it drip down the sides. The glaze will absorb into the crumb to create a beautiful shine, not to mention a lovely lemon flavor. Slice and serve, enjoy!