Summer is winding down and some kids are already back in school. I like to keep summer alive as long as possible and yummy s’mores seem to do the trick. There’s nothing better than a softly toasted marshmallow sandwiched between two crunchy graham crackers with a wedge of chocolate inserted somewhere in the mix.
This Peanut Butter S’more Bar Recipe will keep summer memories alive and is perfect for any lunch, including your own. The peanut butter adds a decadent touch to an already delicious treat. These bars can be stored up to one week in the refrigerator, so portion them wisely if you can.
10 graham crackers
3/4 stick of butter, melted
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup peanut butter chips
1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1 cup roasted peanuts
12 large marshmallows, cut into quarters
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a food processor, add graham crackers, melted butter and sugar. Pulse the mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs.
2. Press the graham cracker mixture into a foil lined 8-inch square pan.
3. Spread half the peanuts onto the graham cracker surface and bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
4. Next, add the quartered marshmallows, peanuts, peanut butter chips and semi sweet chocolate chips to the pan. Place the bars back in the oven to bake for 8-10 more minutes or until the marshmallows are lightly golden and puffy.
5. Remove the bars from the oven and let cool completely in the pan.
6. Remove the bars from the pan and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week or cut and serve immediately. Enjoy!