Pasta Puttanesca is a simple spaghetti dish with olives, capers and tomatoes. This combination of tangy ingredients boosts dried pasta to a whole new level and with the addition of salami, it becomes even more delicious. Pasta Puttanesca with Salami can be prepared within 10 minutes and most of the ingredients you already have in your pantry.
I love to make this dish during the week, when I want something comforting for dinner, but don’t want to be in the kitchen for hours. This dish pairs nicely with a mixed green salad and a glass of Pinot Noir.
3 ounces sliced salami
1/2 cup Kalamata olives
1/4 cup capers, drained
1 clove garlic
1 medium tomato, any variety
1 tablespoon butter
8 ounces dried spaghetti, I used brown rice pasta
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese + more for topping
1. Boil pasta for 10 minutes, reserving 1/2 cup pasta water. Drain and set aside.
2. Dice tomatoes and rough chop olives. Mince the garlic, slice the salami into strips and rinse the capers.
3. In a medium saucepan, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and the salami. Place over medium heat and cook for 2 minutes, while stirring. Add the garlic and continue to cook for 1 minute.
4. Then, add the tomatoes, olives and capers and stir to combine. Continue to cook the mixture for 2 minutes.
5. Add the butter and 1/3 cup of the reserved pasta water. Stir the mixture to create a thin sauce, continue to cook for 2 minutes.
6. Add the pasta and Parmesan cheese and toss with tongs to combine.
7. Spoon into bowls and sprinkle with a little more Parmesan cheese, serve immediately. Enjoy!