Who doesn’t love a good cookie especially when it is warm right out of the oven? I was raised baking in the kitchen with my family and cookies were a big part of it. I love everything from chocolate chip to oatmeal to cream cheese cut-out cookies however, these Flourless Chocolate Peanut Butter Toffee cookies are pretty spectacular.
The creamy peanut butter flavor along with the rich dark cocoa powder and chocolate chunks goes without saying, but I didn’t stop there. I added a few toffee bits for an added caramel crunch which made them flat out decadent. You won’t even miss the flour, so yes they are gluten free!
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking soda
3 tablespoons cocoa powder
1/2 cup chocolate chunks, good quality chocolate
1/2 cup toffee bits (Heath)
1. Preheat the oven the 350 degrees. In a large mixing bowl combine the peanut butter and the brown sugar.
2. Mix on medium speed for 2 minutes or until the mixture just begins to come together.
3. Add the egg and vanilla extract to the peanut butter/sugar mixture and mix until light and creamy, 3 minutes.
4. Next, add the baking soda and cocoa powder to the mixture and mix on low for 1 minute.
5. Add the chocolate chunks and the toffee bits and mix until just combined, 30 seconds.
6. Scoop out dough onto a silpat or parchment lined baking sheet, about 3 tablespoons each scoop.
7. Press each dough ball slightly with a measuring cup to flatten.
8. Place the sheet pan in the oven to bake for 10 minutes, just until soft-firm, do not over bake.
9. Remove the cookies from the oven and let them rest on the sheet pan for 15 minutes.
10. Place the cookies on a wire rack to cool completely and continue to bake the remaining dough.
11. Remove the cookies and store them in your favorite jar or serve for dessert. Enjoy!