Leftover or Rotisserie chicken from the local grocery store can be transformed into amazing things. The chicken is already cooked, which saves time and money, if using leftovers, and offers a fast and healthy meal for your family. The ease of shredding chicken and stirring together a few ingredients is a wonderful idea and this recipe for Easy Chicken & Vegetable Thai Curry can be made in 15 minutes or less, and tastes like traditional Thai cuisine.
The Green Thai Curry Paste, can be found at most grocer’s, and coconut milk create a wonderful umami broth, that is super satisfying, especially during the colder months of the year. The vegetables enhance the flavors of this fragrant dish and it is delightful served over brown rice. This is the perfect dinner during the week, when time is short and you need something simple and delicious, to fill those hungry tummies.
3 cups shredded cooked chicken
1 white onion, diced
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 clove garlic, minced
2 teaspoons fresh minced ginger
2 scallions, sliced
1 heaping tablespoon Thai Green Curry Paste
1 cup coconut milk
4 cups fresh baby spinach
1 lime, divided
1 cup brown rice, optional
1. Slice, dice and mince the vegetables. Prepare the rice according to package instructions. Shred chicken and set aside.
2. In a wok or large skillet, drizzle in 1 tablespoon oil and place over medium high heat. Add the onion and red pepper and saute for 4 minutes. Then, add in the minced garlic and ginger and stir to combine.
3. Make a well in the center of the wok and add the coconut milk and curry paste. Stir to combine the sauce, and then fold it into the onion mixture.
4. Add the chicken and stir. Continue to cook for 3 minutes, to allow the chicken to absorb the sauce. Add the spinach and stir to combine. Squeeze in the juice of 1/2 lime and continue to cook for 3 minutes.
5. Serve family-style with lime wedges and hot steamy rice. Enjoy!