Bacon has been all the rage for years now and I don’t think it will ever go out of style. Candied bacon gives bacon a little something special without overpowering its meatiness. Just a few sprinkles of brown sugar and some maple syrup and there you have it – Candied Bacon!
Candied Bacon can be served all by itself as an appetizer or piled high on your favorite sandwich. You can also crumble candied bacon over salads and side dishes for added richness. Give this recipe a try – I dare you to find someone who doesn’t like it!
1 pound good quality bacon
1/3 cup organic maple syrup, grade B
1/4 cup light brown sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. On a sheet pan with a wire rack, place the bacon slices.
2. Next, brush maple syrup on the top of each piece of bacon.
3. Sprinkle each piece with a light coating of brown sugar.
4. Crack fresh pepper over the top of the bacon.
5. Place the bacon in the oven to bake for 20-25 minutes or until as crispy as you like it. Be careful not to burn it!
6. Remove the hot bacon from the oven to rest until cool enough to handle.
7. Serve the bacon in a dish as an appetizer or place it on top of your favorite sandwich. The bacon can held at room temperature for several hours or stored in the refrigerator for longer, but I bet there won’t be any left. Enjoy!